NEW BOARD MEMBERS/TRUSTEES REQUIRED
Voice of Experience Forum is a charitable organisation and has been working to represent older people in North Lanarkshire since 2003. We work in partnership with North Lanarkshire Council, NHS Lanarkshire and other local and national agencies to ensure that the views and opinions of people aged 60+ who live in North Lanarkshire are heard and listened to.
Our charitable purposes are the relief of those in need by reason of age, ill health, disability, financial hardship or other disadvantage in North Lanarkshire and surrounding areas, the advancement of citizenship or community development and the promotion of equality and diversity. This is achieved by Voice of Experience Forum:
– Carrying out activities, using a variety of media that develop and maintain effective communication between the charity itself and the communities of North Lanarkshire
– Representing, at strategic level, to influence and improve the service planning and provision for the older citizens of North Lanarkshire.
– Working cohesively with other community and voluntary organisations to promote the welfare, safety and integration of older people within North Lanarkshire.
Board Members Duties and Responsibilities
– Set and maintain the vision, mission and values of the organisation
– Develop direction, strategy and planning
– Ensure the organisation has the structure and resources for its work
– Establish policies and procedures to govern organisational activity, including guidance for the board, management, staff and volunteers
– Manage risk, ensuring compliance and accountability with the governing document, external regulators and the law
We are currently seeking Board members who are passionate and committed to making a meaningful difference for older people in the community. If you are aged 60+, live in North Lanarkshire and have relevant experience of one of the following:
• Digital/Marketing/Information Technology
• Human Resources
Voice of Experience Forum would like to hear from you. All Board roles are voluntary but out of pocket expenses to attend Board meetings and related events will be reimbursed. Board meetings are held on a monthly basis.
Closing Date Friday 16th October 2020
For further information or an application pack please visit voef.org.uk or contact Pauline McCall, Senior Administrator at, email@example.com or 01236 439550.