The Voice of Experience Forum (VOEF) was established in March 2003 as an unincorporated voluntary organisation to enable older people living in North Lanarkshire to represented in decision making, particularly at local government level.
The organisation is registered as a charity in Scotland and became a Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation (SCIO no SCO37466) in 2013.
Our vision for older people in North Lanarkshire is that they have a good quality of life which is free from poverty, fear, ill-health and isolation.
Voice of Experience Forum believes that older people should be treated with respect, integrity, kindness and compassion and have a right to make decisions for themselves.
Our core purpose is to represent and champion older people in North Lanarkshire. We aim to achieve this by: –
- Ensuring we deliver relevant and up-to-date information to older people so they are informed of what’s emerging, or are aware of issues which affect them.
- Listening to communities and gathering their views on important topics and issues.
- Using older people’s views to influence and improve service planning and provision. We aim to present their views effectively at the right decision-making tables.
- Working with other community and voluntary organisations to promote older people’s welfare and safety, and to help them stay actively engaged in community life.
- There is an effective two-way communication between communities and the Forum.
- To influence and improve service planning through robust representation and participation in decisions affecting older people.
- To work in partnership with other statutory and voluntary organisations to promote the welfare, safety and integration of older people.
To read more, download a copy of our strategic plan and our latest information leaflet.